Good Morning! I'm sitting in my Studio A (Sewing Room) and looking out over the bay of the lake we live on.  Although its cold, windy and snowy out today (April..I know right!) I still love where I live.  I placed a bird feeder right outside my window too so am visited daily by many different birds...especially cardinals.  Those cardinals mean something very special to me as they are supposedly to represent family members or close friends that have already departed this earth.  I have a male and female that are here daily..I want to believe its a visit from my Daddy and Sis who left this earth 2 1/2 years ago 1 day apart.  Talk about a double whammy!  It has taken quite awhile to get back to a "normal" existence, obviously a new norm.  But actually this was a triple whammy as we had not choice but to put my mom in a nursing home for Alzheimers three weeks before.  So these
"visits" from these beautiful vibrant cardinals mean the world to me.  They make me smile.  They make me take a deep breath.  They make me slow down and reflect and simply be me.  See both my Daddy and Sis loved the lake.  They loved fishing and the calmness the lake offered.  They both loved the creativity I have.  They both loved me beyond measure and without judgement.  We moved here 8 months after their deaths, the perfect move the perfect timing,  and I feel close to them here. Everyday every moment.

So my wish for you today is to find some time to reflect, to take a deep breath to live intentionally.  Be YOU! Allow that smile to grow on your face today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Work It Wednesday